Holiday Vibes

Holiday Vibes

Saturday 23 May 2015

***UPDATE 23/05/15*** Mary Kay Reviews

UPDATE 23/05/15

Since the Mary Kay party that I went to a while ago, I have wanted to buy some more products to add to my Mary Kay collection. Below is a review of the 'Satin Hands' kit which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!

So this month, when pay day came around, I indulged myself with some gifts! AND on top of all that, because my beauty consultant is awesome, she sent be some freebies for a slow delivery which was really unnecessary.... but everyone loves a freebie!


I got some new face cleanser and some new moisturiser. I used them this morning and I'd forgotten how light they are. You really don't feel like you are using anything on your face at all. The moisturiser especially is amazing! It vanishes into your skin and leaves it so smooth and soft. I love it so much, I have a really sensitive upper lip (sounds strange I know) but if I use anything too heavy the section of skin under my nose goes really tingly and sweaty and then numb. It's horrid and it lasts for ages - so when I used this moisturiser this morning and I had no adverse sensations I was really pleased! 


AND!! Because everyone loves a freebie......


I got some hand cream and a lip gloss!!! LIFE WIN! 

ORIGINAL POST

A few weekends ago I went to a Mary Kay party. It's like a Body Shop or Tupperware party but for a cosmetics company called Mary Kay. They are large in America and are starting to expand there business over here in the UK. The party was hosted by Belinda who has written a few blogs about setting up/hosting a party and some product reviews.

Whilst at the a party, I was particularly interested in the 'Satin Hands' product collection. As a teaching assistant I spend a lot of time on the playground, gardening and just general doing fairly hands on tasks with the kids that I work with. As a result, my hands can feel very dry. The skin around my finger nails and across my knuckles especially can become very sore.

Enter Mary Kay Skincare! Satin Hands to the rescue!!!

All you need is a bowl of warm water, a towel and the Satin Hands kit. It comes in this really cute little bag, which makes keeping the kit altogether really easy. My kit is Peach scented but you can get a fragrance free set if you prefer. It is £35 from their website - http://www.marykay.com/ - but I really feel that it is worth. You don't use much of any of the three products in the collection each time you use it so it should be very long lasting.

All You Need
All it takes is three steps and it only took me about 10 minutes to have beautiful smooth, soft hands.

The Three Steps
Step One) The Hand Softener. It's a thick gel that you massage into your hands, you only need a small pea size 'dollop' of it. It spreads a long way. It is almost self heating and feels very warm as you work it into your hands. Keep massaging until your hands are completely covered and the gel is spread evenly across your palms and the back of your hands. 

Hand Softener
Step Two) Satin Smoothie Hand Scrub. Leaving the Hand Softener on your hands, dispense 1-2 pumps of the scrub onto your hands and rub thoroughly until it is completely dry. The scrub is quite coarse, it has large exfoliation beads in it to lift away dead, dry skin from your hands. I stopped rubbing when the beads were the only things left on my hands - the gel they are in is absorbed and drys out as you massage it into your skin. Once dry, rinse your hands in your bowl of warm water and gently pat dry. 

Satin Smoothie Hand Scrub
Step Three) Once you have patted your hands dry, use the Hand Cream sparingly to moisturise your now beautifully smooth, freshly exfoliated hands. The cream is very light so your hands don't feel like you've caked them in something oily and thick as it sinks in. It is absorbed very quickly and you can go about usual house hold tasks immediately - there is no waiting around for our hands to feel properly dry which I love. I also love the instantaneous results. As soon as I used the cream my hands felt incredible! Really smooth and soft. It's that feeling when you can't stop stroking them because they feel so new and fresh. The peach fragrance is very subtle but adds to the fresh feeling that you should now be feeling.

Hand Cream
I would highly recommend this product! It's quick, easy and it really works. For people whose hands need some love and attention, this is perfect. There is virtually no clean up process either - just rinse out your bowl and pop it in the dishwasher. Job done! 

I am so glad I bought this, I am trying to do it about once a week to give my hands some real TLC. 

Here's to beautifully smooth hands in the future, thanks to Mary Kay.
For reviews on further products check out Belinda's blog - http://justyouandb.blogspot.co.uk.

Check in with you all soon,
M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment